Wednesday, July 9, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Slated


Book: Slated
Author: Teri Terry

I am a sucker for a good romance. I always have been, and I probably always will be. There is something about romance novels that have me rolling all over my bed squealing with delight as the characters confess their love and affections.

Slated, however, is not a romance. Sure there are defiantly some romantic aspects to it, but it's not the main story line. And guess what? I still loved it, (and that's saying something for me). I loved it so much that I couldn't stop reading it. My finger quickly turned the pages as I became more and more enthralled with the characters and a story line so gripping it feels as if it will choke you.

I had all but given up on dystopians when I read this one, (it's one of my problem with publishing companies; when something sells they only sell that until everyone is sick to death of it). This dystopian was different. It held interesting new ideas that I hadn't read about before.

In the book criminals under the age of sixteen are "slated" meaning that all their memories are wiped and they have to learn everything again and are assigned to a new family. Kyla, the main character, is Slated. But she is smart and I absolutely ADORE it when the main character is smart and is figuring out the plot at the same pace as you.

This book is a page turner right until the last page... and then you start the second book. (I'll save you the worry of it being a bad sequel... it's good too)

No comments:

Post a Comment