Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Review, To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Title: To All the Boys I've Loved Before.
Author: Jenny Hann.

I didn't know what to expect when I first started reading this book. I had heard a basic plot outline from the person who recomended it to me. So I was curious.
To All the Boys I've Loved Before is about a 17 year old girl, who in order to get over somebody writes them a very deeply felt love letter, which she never sends and keeps in a box below her bed. Predictably you can guess what happens... all the letters get sent, and plot line ensues.
I found this book unpredictable, I did not guess the ending from the reading the first couple of pages (as you can do with most fluffy romance novels... not that I'm complaining) and as the book progressed I fell more and more deeply in love with the characters.
This book seems to check all of my boxes, it has:

  • A squeal-worthy romance.
  • a sexy bad-boy guy, with a cocky attitude (does it get any hotter?)
  • Bad driving.
  • love triangles.
  • Korean food.
  • and, a great family dynamic.
And the last one is what really impressed me about this book, I find stories which include families much better and more relatable than those who seem to leave the family almost completely out. There is many a scene, where the banter between the three sisters leaves you giggling either at the book, or the memories it evokes of your own siblings.
The only downfall I found in this book was that the begining was rather slow. Although, apart from that, I found this book to be a great, fun read. Perfect for a lazy day when you just want a laugh. 

Click here for Goodreads link.

No comments:

Post a Comment