Sunday, November 9, 2014

October Favourites

So I decided to do something new and let you in on a secret I'm a makeup/beauty lover, (if you couldn't tell by my Zoella post) so here we go


Makeup and skincare...
Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara
Okay so I loooove this mascara, I did as soon as I put it on. It was like BOOM instant eyelashes. I have funny little blonde eyelashes that are the bane of my existence (my brother however has long dark lashes. Where's the justice in the world?? ) But I really noticed a difference with this mascara and very little clumping and also and very little application for a big result. My only criticism is that at the end of a school day there might be faint black marks, and be warned DO NOT rub your eyes at end of the day... if you do serious panda eyes.
Also if you want to buy this product at Mecca they're selling out fast and not restocking till after Christmas (don't ask me why) so hurry! 


Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (Extra Mild)
I started using this facial soap because half my face was getting really dry skin and it was getting really bad so I went to the Clinique counter at Myers and the most lovely lady talked to me about my awful skin and set me up with their three step system. Now I had tried this before and I will talk about that below, and it's wasn't great because I had been matched wrong. But this new stuff was great really gentle and didn't react with my super sensitive skin. It really helped with my dry skin also didn't cause my oily areas to get too oily.





I've been really loving this foundation, I love that you can build it up and it can last the whole day. I really love the coverage, but you need a blusher and a bronzer as it can take all the colour out of your face, so make sure you have those before you purchase. I find that this blends really easily and the clay based formula controls oil. I really love the dewy (but not sweaty-dewy) look it gives. And best of all I don't break out! like I did with the Wake Me Up Foundation... So I'm really happy with this and foundation and compared to the Wake Me Up it looks like you are only getting a small amount but with this a little bit goes a Long way.

Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black



So this is the second liquid eyeliner I have brought ,the first was crap, and this one was actually pretty (no shit... it's on my favourites). I was using this to practise my cat eye flicks... which I am crap at. I found the pen on this really good and the shape of the nib excellent for lining my inner corner. My problems arose with the lasting power, as by the end of the day my eyeliner had faded dramatically and also I found it ran out quite quickly that could have been from overuse on account of mistakes. But the good thing about the lack of staying power is that when I made a mistake and I made a lot... it was really easy to fix with a cotton bud and I didn't have to remove my entire eye in order to fix a tiny line nor did I get black everywhere.

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette 


I actually got this Palette a while ago. I was standing at the Too Faced counter trying to decide between the Natural Eyes and the Chocolate Bar... it was a close call especially when the chocolate palette smelled so Devine  ...mmmmmmmm... but then that silly rational side of my brain reasoned that all the colours I would use on the Chocolate Bar Palette is already on the Natural Eyes and is cheaper. So Natural Eyes won out and I'm really glad it did, because I have been LOVING it so much. The pigmentation is really good and the colours blend really easily. I also love the little instructions that come with it. I think this palette would be great for people just starting with makeup, but it could be considered pricey depending on your budget. My only issue is that I have very oily eyelids so if I don't use a primer I can get lines from the eyeshadow gathering in my creases, but this probably doesn't apply to everyone.

Moving on to books:

Rosemary Beach Series by Abbi Glines


I stumbled on this series late one night and when talking about how AMAZING it was to my friend ( a fellow lover of the fluffy romance novels) I learned that it was one of her favourites too... and she consequently lent me the whole series (as you do), well she lent me all the books that have come out yet.
As the weather heats up for me I find myself relaxing more and doing a lot more reading, what with the school year coming to an end and it makes a perfect procrastination tactic. If you love a light hearted fluffy novel then I would recommend this series to you the first being (Fallen Too Far). It's such a great series and is like four little miniseries in one big one. Each pairing has at least two books to themselves which is really nice, and by the time I finished their miniseries I was always itching to get to the next book.
Even for those of you in the northern hemisphere (I'll be joining you in two weeks), as the months get colder, snuggle up to the fire with this (inexpensive on kindle) series and start reading something that will make you laugh.
Although, I do warn to now, if you have anything pressing in the next week after you begin put it off and read some FanFiction or something instead ;)

And now moving on to TV Series

Aim High


I first watched Aim High ages ago, but then forgot about it as time went by. The episodes are very short (10 minutes) and you could watch in the entire first season in under an hour, but the whole thing is great. It's light and funny and slightly distirbing. Basically Jackson Rathbone plays Nick Green, who is a junior government operative (assassin) who goes to high school and has the typical teenage struggles. It's just really, REALLY funny. Best of all: you can watch the whole thing on YouTube.

Really, who can say no to that face? *sigh* (he's married in real life)

So that's it for my October Favourites I hope you found this useful and helpful... hopefully next time I will get this up before we start the next month.





No comments:

Post a Comment